Sunday, February 20, 2005

More fun

We just got back from Amman this afternoon. It was a great time. Last night we ate dinner (Delivery Indian food. We stuffed ourselves with it, it was sweet) with the regional director of the Peace Corps in Jordan, which was pretty awesome. And we did some shopping in the supermarket, which we can't do here in Mu'tah, to get some necessary supplies and entirely unnecessary junk food (for my brother I guess...).

Then, I just cut my hair this afternoon, so I'll blend in a little better. Here's some before and after pictures:

Now I'm that suave, cool (narcassistic?) dude that everyone admires, or something...

My brother is still insisting on not cutting his hair, which just makes things more ackward (did I misspell that? 'Ackward' is a really ackward word...), since he already has blonde-ish-red, curly hair. Its pretty rediculous, and gets some interesting looks from the locals. Such is life with a 16 year old who thinks he's got everything figured out. Not to say that I don't understand what its like, or that I haven't sported long hair in my past, but we are in a conservative Muslim, Middle-Eastern region...

Fuck. Now that I've effectively made myself feel old, I'm going to stop writing.