Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Pictures! and some semblance of normalcy

Just another day in Jordan. Things are going good. It has been beautiful weather yesterday and today, in the 50s and 60s with no clouds. Yesterday afternoon I went out with Onf and my dad to see some of the area and to go get cell phones. We got the packages, with a line and minutes, and either today or tomorrow we're going to go buy the actual phones. The rates aren't too bad for calls. 0.12JD/minute during the day, 0.08JD/minute after 8:00 pm, and 0.03JD/minute from 11:00pm-7:00am.

And, I've got pictures...


This is in Amman, at the King Hussein Park. It's this HUGE, brand new park that they are making. You can see alot of the city at it, and I'd imagine that it will be super beautiful in a few weeks when it warms up.


This is along the Kings Highway, on the way to Al Karak, where we're living.


And this is our house. Its pretty sweet. You can see the snow in the foreground (all over our garden). It is supposed to warm up this weekend, so I bet it will be all gone by next week.

Tomorrow afternoon we are going back to Amman to do some stuff with the Fullbright people. We'll be there until Sunday, staying with Ken in his apartment, which will be nice. This afternoon I'm going to go jogging for the first time here at the university. Hopefully all will go well. Right now I'm wearing pants when I go out to run, but I'm still uncertain if I'm 'allowed' to wear shorts when it warms up. I'd imagine that I can, since I'm male, but I'll have to check to make sure. The community here is mostly fairly strict Muslim, which is a unique experience.

I'll try to take/post more pictures as I get the chance.