Saturday, February 05, 2005

Packing

So my house is rediculous right now...

My mom is going crazy thinking about all the stuff that we "need" to take with us. Its silly, quite frankly. Luckily, I'm only bringing my clothes, my mp3 player, a handful of books, and toiletry supplies; much easier to organize and pack.

Tomorrow we're going to my Aunt and Uncle's house to spend the night and they're going to take us to the airport on Monday morning. Our flight goes from Columbus (OH) to Minneapolis, and then to Amsterdam where we have a nice 7 hour layover. Then a 5 hour flight to Amman (the capital of Jordan), and we're there.

We're staying in Amman for a few days to get situated with the Fullbright people, which will be sweet. Hopefully I'll be able to meet and hang out for a little while with the graduate students who are there doing research.

Tomorrow morning before we leave I'm going for a quick, easy 15 mile jog. Unfortunately, Ohio sucks for running; I'm going to end up doing two 6 mile loops plus a little bit added on. I'm getting excited to go jogging in Jordan...

DeLucas' response to my email (this was all it said): "God Aaron, your so gay". Nice guy...

Have fun watching the super bowl tomorrow. I hope the pig is good for everyone, and that it makes DeLucas become a vegetarian.

The next post will be from Amman.