Big City Life
Last night we ate dinner in Amman at the house of one of my dad's colleagues at Mu'tah University. He's really cool; he's a geologist (which automatically makes him cool, right?). Their house was sooo nice, and their daughter, who's a 19 yo pharmacy student at the University of Jordan, took me and my brother around to all the cool, "trendy" places in Amman. The trendy stuff is unique here, but I'll save that for another time, when I have more time to write about it. Anyways, we saw all the ritzy places, etc. which was fun.
We're in Amman until Sunday just hanging out and whatnot. Today we spent all day with the Fullbright people, and met all the people who have been here since the fall (those of you who think one semester is long, imagine if I had been gone all year...). There are some cool graduate school age kids here that I can probably stay with here in Amman, or at least spend some time with them.
At the orientation session today we got a huge cultural briefing of Jordanian, and middle eastern in general, culture, which was really great. Aside from that, not much else is new. I'm going to get my hair cut "like a Jordanian" (i.e. short and stylish), but that's it. I'll be sure to post pictures, too. Until then...
We're in Amman until Sunday just hanging out and whatnot. Today we spent all day with the Fullbright people, and met all the people who have been here since the fall (those of you who think one semester is long, imagine if I had been gone all year...). There are some cool graduate school age kids here that I can probably stay with here in Amman, or at least spend some time with them.
At the orientation session today we got a huge cultural briefing of Jordanian, and middle eastern in general, culture, which was really great. Aside from that, not much else is new. I'm going to get my hair cut "like a Jordanian" (i.e. short and stylish), but that's it. I'll be sure to post pictures, too. Until then...




