I'm Wired...
I got my first ever cell phone yesterday! Its a pretty big milestone for me, as I have, up until this point, resisted getting one. But, it seemed like a good idea to have one while I was here. I've been totally consumed by ringtones, text messaging and Snake for the past 24 hours; its sweet.
So, if you felt like wasting your calling card or cell phone minutes and giving me a ring, or a text message, my number is 011-962-079-673-1135 (it'll stay at the right side of the page, by all the other stuff).
For an update on the jogging situation, I went out for the first time here at the university yesterday afternoon at 2:00. Needless to say, I drew a considerable amount of attention. The students who aren't involved in a sports or physical education/therapy degree simply don't work out, but rather devote ALL their time to their studies, and we are in the engineering area of the university. So, I felt like a silly American on display... As if being stupid and going jogging at the hottest time of the day, amidst a bunch of students who would not waste their time working out, didn't get me enough looks, I was informed that there's a good possibility that the women would be checking me out, but just because I'd be a free ticket to America (not because of my dashing good looks! gasp!).
So, I've decided to resolve this quandry by switching to a regimen of waking up at the crack of dawn and jogging when it is cool out, and everyone else is still asleep. I did it this morning, and it worked out fine. I also found this KILLER hill that will be a regular part of my route, due to the limited running space around the university. I can jog along this road, out two miles to the waste water treatment plant, that connects with a three mile loop around the main part of the university. I'm still trying to find my limits of where I can and can't go. I have a feeling that it wouldn't be appreciated if I ran through the female-only housing area...
Alas, to be a young, eligable American male in a foreign country. I am sure I'll get over it soon, but, until then, this is what I must deal with...
So, if you felt like wasting your calling card or cell phone minutes and giving me a ring, or a text message, my number is 011-962-079-673-1135 (it'll stay at the right side of the page, by all the other stuff).
For an update on the jogging situation, I went out for the first time here at the university yesterday afternoon at 2:00. Needless to say, I drew a considerable amount of attention. The students who aren't involved in a sports or physical education/therapy degree simply don't work out, but rather devote ALL their time to their studies, and we are in the engineering area of the university. So, I felt like a silly American on display... As if being stupid and going jogging at the hottest time of the day, amidst a bunch of students who would not waste their time working out, didn't get me enough looks, I was informed that there's a good possibility that the women would be checking me out, but just because I'd be a free ticket to America (not because of my dashing good looks! gasp!).
So, I've decided to resolve this quandry by switching to a regimen of waking up at the crack of dawn and jogging when it is cool out, and everyone else is still asleep. I did it this morning, and it worked out fine. I also found this KILLER hill that will be a regular part of my route, due to the limited running space around the university. I can jog along this road, out two miles to the waste water treatment plant, that connects with a three mile loop around the main part of the university. I'm still trying to find my limits of where I can and can't go. I have a feeling that it wouldn't be appreciated if I ran through the female-only housing area...
Alas, to be a young, eligable American male in a foreign country. I am sure I'll get over it soon, but, until then, this is what I must deal with...




