Wh wha?! Am I straightedge or something?
So, I've been straightedge for about three (3) weeks right now. Its starting to wear on me. Muslims don't drink (or, they "don't drink...") and so beer is really not talked about. Its really socially stigmatizing to drink here, even if you aren't Muslim, which makes things extremely difficult. They only sell beer at one place in the town (Mu'tah) where we live, and we're not allowed to buy it there, because everyone would know that we drink then (which would be bad for our reputation or something). So, we can drive like 20 minutes and buy some Amstel (ahh, blessed Amstel in pint cans). Its really childish...
Aside from that, not much is going on. I've basically sat inside for the past two days. We have internet at our house now, which is cool. And my brother is still playing his crappy racing game on his GameCube...
I've been reading and working on writing a few things. Not entirely exciting, but not necessarily dead boring either.
If anyone has any interest, I just got an email from Matt Buechler, who's studying in Australia this semester. He's got a pretty cool Yahoo! photo album online here.
You should all check it out until I have something more interesting to say.
More pictures and, hopefully, some exciting stories soon...
Aside from that, not much is going on. I've basically sat inside for the past two days. We have internet at our house now, which is cool. And my brother is still playing his crappy racing game on his GameCube...
I've been reading and working on writing a few things. Not entirely exciting, but not necessarily dead boring either.
If anyone has any interest, I just got an email from Matt Buechler, who's studying in Australia this semester. He's got a pretty cool Yahoo! photo album online here.
You should all check it out until I have something more interesting to say.
More pictures and, hopefully, some exciting stories soon...




