NITLE Arab World Project
Okay. So this NITLE Arab Culture and Civilization thing is incredible. I feel like a little kid on christmas morning. Their website (http://arabworld.nitle.org/) is really in depth and informative. I'm going to spend the next few weeks just sitting in my house reading stuff. Jeesh.
Again, if anyone was going to the presentation tonight, I'd be sooo greatful if you sent me an email or something to tell me all about it.
Dinner last night was nice. SOOOOO much food. The main entree was done buffet-style, and everyone just got what they wanted. They had like 6 full dishes prepared, not to mention all the side dish type things. And then after we had stuffed ourselves, and they encouraged us to get seconds, etc. they brought out a cake and some sweets for dessert. AND THEN they brought out plates full of fruit for after dessert. "To cool you down..." haha. It was amazing. Its a good thing we haven't been going to people's houses every night. I probably ate enough food at the one meal for the whole day. Fun times.
As far as learning Arabic is going, things are improving. Our Peace Corps friends gave us a few books, including the Peace Corps training curriculum for Arabic, which is a really great resource. So, when I have breaks from reading my new book and surfing the NITLE website, I'm practicing new words/phrases and Arabic grammar.
As you can see, I added some Arabic to the header image. Feel free to post guesses to what it says in the comments. We'll see if anyone gets it right.
Again, if anyone was going to the presentation tonight, I'd be sooo greatful if you sent me an email or something to tell me all about it.
Dinner last night was nice. SOOOOO much food. The main entree was done buffet-style, and everyone just got what they wanted. They had like 6 full dishes prepared, not to mention all the side dish type things. And then after we had stuffed ourselves, and they encouraged us to get seconds, etc. they brought out a cake and some sweets for dessert. AND THEN they brought out plates full of fruit for after dessert. "To cool you down..." haha. It was amazing. Its a good thing we haven't been going to people's houses every night. I probably ate enough food at the one meal for the whole day. Fun times.
As far as learning Arabic is going, things are improving. Our Peace Corps friends gave us a few books, including the Peace Corps training curriculum for Arabic, which is a really great resource. So, when I have breaks from reading my new book and surfing the NITLE website, I'm practicing new words/phrases and Arabic grammar.
As you can see, I added some Arabic to the header image. Feel free to post guesses to what it says in the comments. We'll see if anyone gets it right.




