New Books and Arab Society Stuff
I just got a new book, and I'm so excited about it. You might have heard of it, its called "Eat, Drink and Be Healthy." So, I'll probably be posting lots of health related stuff in the next few days. Sorry in advance...
We're going to a family's home for dinner tonight. I'll be sure to write about it tomorrow. I don't really have any idea what it will be like. We might be getting "mansef," a traditional Jordanian dish. If you want to find out about that, google it. It will probably be an adventure.
I think my next "Aspects..." essay is going to be about food and nutrition. More updates on that in the next few days.
Also, this sounds really cool, tomorrow night in old Beloit:
MONDAY MARCH 14, 4-5pm in the Library's Northwest Lounge (lower level), Michael Toler, Program Director of Al-Musharaka: The Initiative in Arab, Islamic and Middle Eastern Cultures, will discuss this new national collaborative Arab culture and civilization program and resource (http://arabworld.nitle.org/). The Al-Musharaka initiative focuses on developing inter-institutional collaboration to expand and coordinate learning opportunities related to Arab culture/civilization and they are interested in Beloit's input and participation.
Light refreshments will be served. Hope you can come!
I'd love you forever if someone went to it and sent me an email about what it was all about...
I'm kind of rushed right now, so I'll wrap it up. Got to get dressed nice for dinner.
We're going to a family's home for dinner tonight. I'll be sure to write about it tomorrow. I don't really have any idea what it will be like. We might be getting "mansef," a traditional Jordanian dish. If you want to find out about that, google it. It will probably be an adventure.
I think my next "Aspects..." essay is going to be about food and nutrition. More updates on that in the next few days.
Also, this sounds really cool, tomorrow night in old Beloit:
MONDAY MARCH 14, 4-5pm in the Library's Northwest Lounge (lower level), Michael Toler, Program Director of Al-Musharaka: The Initiative in Arab, Islamic and Middle Eastern Cultures, will discuss this new national collaborative Arab culture and civilization program and resource (http://arabworld.nitle.org/). The Al-Musharaka initiative focuses on developing inter-institutional collaboration to expand and coordinate learning opportunities related to Arab culture/civilization and they are interested in Beloit's input and participation.
Light refreshments will be served. Hope you can come!
I'd love you forever if someone went to it and sent me an email about what it was all about...
I'm kind of rushed right now, so I'll wrap it up. Got to get dressed nice for dinner.




